Flights to Uganda
Entebbe airport is Uganda’s major air port for all major flights in and out of Uganda. The airport is located 45 kilometers southwest of Uganda’s capital city Kampala. 16 international airlines currently have scheduled operations to and from Entebbe International Airport.
Entebbe International Airport lies astride the equator at latitude 00.020 North and longitude 320 East, for which reason it has often been described as the “Airport on the Equator”. Elevated at 3782 feet above sea level, the airport is part of a peninsular bordering Africa’s biggest fresh-water-lake, Victoria.
Uganda has around 10 intercontinental airlines flying into Uganda on an everyday basis and it also has domestic flights as well as International Cargo flights. Some of the airlines that fly here include SN Brussels, KLM Airlines, British Airways, Kenya Airways, Egypt Air, South African Airways, Emirates airlines, Qatar Airways, Turkish Airlines, Air Burundi, Air Tanzania, Rwanda Air Express, Precision air and others. This means that visitors can easily access Uganda from any part of the world.
Here are some of the main routes you need to assess when scheduling your air travel to Uganda;
- Emirates offer flights from Entebbe to Dubai via Nairobi and Addis Ababa with onward connections to Europe, North America and Asia from Dubai. Emirates Airlines has two daily flights from New York to Dubai and you can connect in Dubai for another flight to Entebbe.
- Qatar airways: Qatar Airways have expanded operations in Africa with the introduction of its 16th destination on the Continent – daily scheduled flights to Uganda.
- British Airways runs direct flights to and from London every other day at Entebbe Airport.
- Kenya Airways and KLM fly daily from Entebbe to Amsterdam either via Nairobi or direct.
- Ethiopian Airlines offers service to Addis Ababa
- Brussels Airlines flies non-stop from Entebbe to Brussels, where you can take a connecting flight to the rest of Europe or to India, China or the USA
- South African Airways runs Direct flights to and from Johannesburg three days a week and has recently launched daily flights from Entebbe to Johannesburg to allow passengers to connect to other flights.
Uganda’s geographical location in the heart of Africa, gives Entebbe International Airport better advantage for hub and spoke operations in the Great Lakes region. There are many flights to other cities in Africa therefore take place from here.