Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Q:   Where Can I obtain a Uganda Tourist VISA:

A:    You can obtain a VISA at your nearest Uganda Embassy or Consulate. You can also obtain a visa on arrival at the Airport Immigration office by paying $50- it’s easy and quick. NOTE: A single Visa ($100) for 3 East African countries of Uganda, Rwanda & Kenya has been introduced effective 1st Jan 2014 and can be obtained at the nearest embassy of the 1st country of entry of your mul-ticounty trip. As this is a new system, contact us if you experience any challenges along the way and will be more than glad to help.

Q:      What Uganda`s Airport and which Airlines can I book to Uganda?

A:      Entebbe is the International Airport (EBB). There are both International, regional and domestic flights that connects Entebbe to the world and to the national parks. Airlines include KLM-Air France, Delta, BA, Brussels, Emirates, Qatar, Etihad, Fly Dubai, Turkish, Kenya Airways, Ethiopian, SA, Rwandair and Aerolink (domestic). For more info see

Q:      Is there any age/group & fitness limit for Gorilla & Chimpanzee trekking?

A:      Children below the age of 15 will not be allowed to do Gorilla &Chimpanzee Trekking. There is no upper age limit. Special arrangements for physically challenged person are available to allow them enjoy Gorilla & chimp trekking.

Q:      How many group members and for how many hours can we enjoy Gorilla &Chimpanzee trekking?:

A:      Each Gorilla Family is viewed by a maximum of 8 people for 1 Hour per day. Morning & afternoon chimpanzee trekking is organized in groups of 6 per guide and viewing is 1 hour per day. But you can opt for a special full day habituation experience in Kibale Forest National Park.

Q:      What should I Park for Gorilla &Chimp Trekking?

  1. Strong sturdy shoes should be hiking or strong shoes with traded soles.
  2. A good hat that shades you well; if possible waterproof
  3. A fleece jacket and/or a rain jacket very advisable…it can get quite cool here and even if it is not the rainy season it might pour!
  4. Long sleeve shirts, and long trousers. Fast drying materials suggested.
  5. Sun screen & insect mosquito repellent
  6. Camera with extra batteries and Film or storage chip.
  7. Backpack or light bag to carry your camera and packed lunch + water.

Q:      What currency can I use on a trip in Uganda?

A:      Most of the payments will be made in Uganda Shillings. USD is the most widely accepted foreign currency in Uganda.Some places you may pay in USD especially in the National parks and craft shops. You will need to change some of your USD dollars into Uganda shillings. Bring with you USD which can easily be exchanged at a Forex Bureau. Older notes produced below year 2003 as well as USD notes of $1, $5, & $10 and $20 attract lower rates. Bring crisp new, clean undamaged $50 or $100 bills that will bring the best exchange rates& smaller bills for tipping and shopping. The USD bills should be 2003 series or newer (printed in 2006, 2009 etc.)

Q:      Can I use credit card payment in Uganda?

A:      BIC TOURS accepts VISA, MasterCard credit card payments for your Tour. A credit card payment surcharge of 5% will be levied. You can use your VISA card & MasterCard at most Banks with a wide network of ATM to withdrawal of Uganda Shillings Or  USD to a daily maximum equivalent of about $1,000 (maximum amount may depend on your card issuer) at the days exchange rate. See up-to-date rates at  VISA, MasterCard, JCB & AMEX can also be used at some establishments in Kampala & up market lodges in National parks.

Q:    What is the common Language of your driver guides?

A:     English is the official language of Uganda. All driver guides speak English in addition to 1 or 2 local languages. We also have Japanese, Germany, French, Spanish and Italian speaking guides.

Q:      Is there safe drinking water in Uganda?

A:    While on Safari Travel days we will provide you with complementary bottled Mineral Water every day(least 1 litre (1,000 mls). Do not drink Tap water. Most restaurants and hotels have bars where you can buy a variety of Beers and Wines.